This Video is about ” Marine Logistics – Best Career to Get Abroad Jobs | Career Guidance” By Anchor Ipshita.
Visit for Job openings through out india
In the last two decades, increased globalisation has witnessed a significant growth in the movement of goods across international borders. Despite the development in technology and introduction of faster modes of transportation, shipping or marine logistics still remains one of the mainstays of the international movement of goods. Therefore, this sector has the maximum scope of employment from entry level to management levels. It varies from managing ships to managing the ports, to marketing of many related services.
What do they do?
Marine logistics involves overseeing the movement of goods by sea. Besides navigation and engineering, all the other operations related to ports/terminals and actual maritime transportation comes under marine logistics. It includes scheduling, marketing of space, booking of cargo, safe transportation of cargo from one point to another, loading and unloading, supervision and liaison with customers.
• Good knowledge of maritime vessels, marine engineering, wireless technology, hydrography
• Hands-on experience of working on ships
• Domain knowledge of a particular industry
• Knowledge of supply chain management is essential at the managerial level
• In-depth marine knowledge with adequate sailing experience
How do I get there?
There are two streams in marine logistics: nautical science and engineering. You can take admission to a maritime training institute through a test after class 12 (only for science students). For nautical science, you can do a three-year BSc programme and for marine engineering, you can pursue a four-year BTech. After graduation, you can join as apprentice and appear in different levels of competency exams after requisite sailing experience. A graduate may get into marine logistics after doing a related MBA programme from a reputable institute.
Pros & Cons about this career
• It is a sunrise industry, hence growth prospects are good; Salary is low at entry level but it increases as you go up the ladder
• In the pecking order of organisational functions, supply chain and logistics is not considered as important as marketing, manufacture or finance
For more jobs & career information and daily job alerts, subscribe to our channel and support us. You can also install our Mobile app for govt jobs for getting regular notifications on your mobile.
Freshersworld.com is the No.1 job portal for freshers jobs in India.
Check Out website for more Jobs & Careers.
***Disclaimer: This is just a career guidance video for fresher candidates. The name, logo and properties mentioned in the video are proprietary property of the respective companies. The career and job information mentioned are an indicative generalised information. In no way Freshersworld.com, indulges into direct or indirect recruitment process of the respective companies.
Xem thêm bài viết khác: https://otoxetai.vn/van-tai
Xem thêm Bài Viết:
- Mã vận đơn là gì? Tại sao cần kiểm tra mã vận đơn? Tra cứu thế nào?
- BÀN GIAO XE CHO KHÁCH HÀNG KERRY EXPRESS – HINO ĐẠI PHÁT TÍN
- Startup Gọi Vốn 116 Tỷ, Cân Cả Mùa 1 | Shark Tank Việt Nam Mùa 2 | Thương Vụ Bạc Tỷ
- Tổng quan về phần mềm quản lý công việc VTASK
- Distant Roots & Polarlights – Meet The Sunrise Together