Learn how to update your computer BIOS from Windows.
To learn more about updating the BIOS in HP consumer notebook PCs, visit our support site,
For other helpful videos go to or
More support options are available at
Continue the Conversation:
Follow these steps to update your computer BIOS from Windows:
– If you are updating an HP notebook, connect the power cord and keep it connected during the update process.
– If you are using BitLocker to encrypt your hard drive, disable it, to allow the BIOS to install.
– Also temporarily disable Real time protection in Windows Defender.
– Open a web browser and go to support.hp.com/drivers.
– Follow the instructions to find and download the latest BIOS update listed for your computer.
– Once the update is downloaded, close all applications, and then open the file.
– If prompted, select Continue, Run, or Yes.
– In the installer, select Next.
– Review and accept the license agreement, and then select Next.
– Follow the instructions to prepare the BIOS update.
– When prompted, select Update to automatically install the update without using an external device.
– Select Next again.
– Select Restart Now to restart into the BIOS Update utility.
– Select Apply Update Now.
– The update installs, and then the computer restarts.
– Log into Windows re-enable BitLocker, if necessary.
– Windows Defender automatically re-enables Real-time protection.
#HP #HPSupport #HPComputers
HP Inc. creates technology that makes life better for everyone everywhere – every person, every organization, and every community around the globe. Through our portfolio of printers, PCs, mobile devices, solutions, and services, we engineer experiences that amaze.
Connect with HP:
Visit HP WEBSITE:
Like HP on FACEBOOK:
Follow HP on TWITTER:
Follow HP on INSTAGRAM:
Follow HP on LINKEDIN:
This video was produced by HP.